We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
As an aperitif or as a starter, treat yourself to these delicious shortbread cookies with winter carrots.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 10 cl of milk
- 1 carrot
- 80 g of Comté
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- Salt pepper
Winter carrot shortbread cookies
Carrot shortbread… carrot in the sand!
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- In a salad bowl, place the flour and yeast, form a well and place the egg and milk. Using a whisk, mix everything together to obtain a smooth paste. Add the grated Comté, the cumin powder and the grated carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, distribute small piles of dough. Bake and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy these shortbread cookies as an aperitif accompanied by seasoned thick crème fraîche.
- The Comté can be replaced by another hard cooked cheese such as mimolette.
- Grated orange zest (untreated) can be incorporated at the same time as the carrots in this recipe.
- The thick crème fraîche that accompanies small shortbread can be flavored with old-fashioned mustard.
- The carrot can be replaced by pumpkin, of butternut. It can also be associated with Black radish, some celery.
- The recipe can be processed differently: place coarsely chopped leftover pot-au-feu vegetables in the bottom of a dish, sprinkle with the contents of the salad bowl like a crumble!
English cake made up of a layer of fruit in the bottom of the dish and a layer of crumbling-looking dough hence the name "to crumble" meaning "to crumble."
In Quebec, it is common to replace some or all of the flour with oatmeal.
Today, the crumble is available for both sweet and savory, where spices replace sugar.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan