We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This baked apple and hot goat cheese recipe offers a tasty mix of sweet and savory making it an ideal dessert combining both fruit and cheese.
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 apples reinette from Canada
- 2 goat dung
- 4 branches of thyme
- 8 c. to c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the apples. Remove the peduncle. Cut them in half across the width of the fruit (horizontally).
- Lightly hollow out each piece of apple so that you can later fit a slice of goat cheese.
- Place the apples in a baking dish (gratin type). Drizzle olive oil on each half of an apple.
- Perfume with a few sprigs of thyme.
- Salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 min at 200 ° C.
- Cut the goat dung into 4 thick slices. Warning: prefer a very sharp knife for this.
- Place a slice of cheese on each half of an apple.
- Bake a second time for 5 to 8 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve hot with a crunchy green salad seasoned with apple cider vinegar and hazelnut (or walnut) oil.
It's sweet AND salty!
Variation: goat cheese goes perfectly with honey. When placing the apples in the oven, pour a teaspoonful of honey over each apple half. They will caramelize during cooking. Perfect for a sweet and savory starter.
Photo credit: © Philippe Dufour