We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fondant, caramelized and crunchy at the same time, this red onion tarte Tatin is a pure delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 250g of flour
- 125 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 5 cl of water
- 400 g red onions
- 70 g semi-salted butter
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of brown sugar
- 150 g of fresh cheese (like Saint Morêt, Madame Loïc, etc.)
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Red onion tatin
For the shortcrust pastry:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, the 1/2 salt butter cut into pieces, a pinch of salt and barely enough water. Using your fingertips, mix until you get a smooth ball.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry. Cut the dough so that it can cover the pie molds. Reserve
For garnish :
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- Peel the onions, cut them into one-centimeter sections.
- In a sauté pan, cook the onions in 60 g of butter 1/2 sparkling salt. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking until caramelized, then let stand.
- Line a tart mold with 10 g of butter.
- On a work surface, spread the shortcrust pastry and cut it to the size of the mold.
- Place the onion sections in the bottom of the mold, tighten them. Spread the cream cheese all over. Salt and pepper. Arrange the dough, being careful to slide it inside the mold.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ° C (th.6), put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Unmold onto a large dish.
Words from the kitchen
Blouse : coat the sides of a mold.
Sift : Pass an ingredient through a sieve or a fine sieve to remove any lumps or particles and obtain a fine and even powder (generally used for flour).
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan